Jollof rice. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there. Jollof rice is a unifying dish across West Africa. This classic Nigerian recipe always has three things: rice, a tomato stew, and seasoning.
Ghanaian Jollof Rice By Tei Hammond. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid. You can have Jollof rice using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice
- It’s of Rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of Per boiled rice (with salt).
- Prepare of Palm oil.
- You need 4 of Red bell pepper (tattasai).
- You need 4 of Scotch bonnets (attarugu).
- It’s 1 of medium onions.
- You need 4 pieces of garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 of thumb ginger (grated).
- You need 6 cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of classic onga.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt (you can add more).
- It’s 1 cup of Beef/chicken stock(ruwan nama) 1 cup plain water or 2 cups plain water.
- You need of Salad.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Grated carrots.
- You need of Chopped tomatoes & green pepper.
- It’s of Salad cream.
- Prepare of Dodo (plantain).
- You need of Fry plantain with a pinch of salt into a heated vegetable oil.
Jollof Rice is an African rice recipe that is flavorful and delicious. It is basically rice cooked in a tomato base sauce. How to make a delicious jollof. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties.
Jollof rice step by step
- Add desired palm oil to your pot, and a tbsp of chopped onions to it then allow to fry..
- Add your grated ginger and garlic and allow to fry for a minute.
- Blend ur attarugu,tattasai and onions then add to the heating oil and turn generously.
- When it is fried, add ur seasoning and stock or plain water to it and put it to boil.
- Add ur perboiled rice and turn for the ingredients to dwell into the rice.
- Cover the top of the pot with foil paper before closing and allow to steam for abt 15 mins (reduce the heat to LOW). You can turn after 10mins then allow to continue steaming for the remaining 5mins.
This is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe. This is why you will always see it in parties. A successful batch of jollof rice requires a few key ingredients (tomatoes, peppers, onions, a few herbs, spices and some stock) and a perfect sauce-to-rice ratio, so the cooked grains remain separate. Jollof Rice – Easy, flavorful and perfectly cooked African classic dish Jollof rice both made completely in the oven and on stovetop. Nigerian Jollof Rice – a spicy and vibrant one-pot tomato rice, which will become a family favorite, this is probably the best-known Nigerian food recipe.