Unripe Plantain Porridge.
You can have Unripe Plantain Porridge using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Unripe Plantain Porridge
- Prepare 5-8 of Unripe plantains (depending on the size).
- Prepare of Smoked fish.
- Prepare of Onions – 2 medium sized.
- You need of Crayfish – half cup.
- Prepare to taste of Scotch bonnet chillies -.
- Prepare of Scent leaves (small bunch).
- Prepare of Palm oil – half cup.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
Unripe Plantain Porridge instructions
- First prep your ingredients: Peel and dice your plantains, wash your fish with warm water and salt and break into smaller bits, chop the onions, slice the scent leaves and blend the crayfish & chillies..
- Add your plantains to a pot along with your chopped onions, blended chillies and crayfish, Seasoning cubes and salt. Add enough water to cover (the water should be on the same level as the plantains) and cook on medium heat for 15mins..
- After 15mins, the plantain should be boiling. Add your palm oil and smoked fish. Cover and cook till done..
- Once done, add your scent leaves to the pot. Turn off the heat immediately; cover the pot and leave for 2-3mins (the residual heat will cook the scent leaves). After about 2 minutes, stir everything together and serve!.