Tuscan Bean Soup. This easy to make Tuscan bean soup is the perfect meal for fall and winter weather or busy weeknights any time of the year! Sooo I'm cheating a little bit on this Tuscan Soup recipe, guys. Bean soups have the distinct advantage of tasting terrific either way.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Bean Soup Beans and Legumes Soup High Fiber. Looking for Something Else? (Tuscan White Bean Soup). You can cook Tuscan Bean Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Bean Soup
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- You need 4 of celery sticks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- It’s 3 of large carrots.
- You need 2 of heaped tsp smoked paprika.
- Prepare 5 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only).
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (leaves only).
- It’s 2 (400 g) of tins chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 litres of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 (400 g) of tins flageolet beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s 1 (400 g) of tin cannellini beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s of Small savoy cabbage.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Serve with.
- You need of Green pesto (or vegan alternative).
- It’s of Crusty bread.
A hearty flavorful Tuscan Soup recipe with lacinato kale, cannellini beans and garden vegetables, served with crusty bread and drizzled with a flavorful. This Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe is packed with texture and flavor! Author Nancy Harmon Jenkins uses olive oil three ways in this version of the venerable Italian soup: for sautéing garlic, rubbing on the toasts that accompany the dish, and. Add chicken broth, beans and their liquid, rosemary stems, parmesan rind, and bay leaves.
Tuscan Bean Soup step by step
- Chop the onion and celery into small chunks. Put in a large stock pot with the oil, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins, until softened..
- Meanwhile, chop the carrot into small chunks. Then add to the pot with the crushed garlic, herbs and paprika and cook for 10 mins until the carrot is starting to soften..
- Meanwhile chop the cabbage, drain the beans and make the stock..
- Add the tomatoes and stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Then add the beans and cabbage and cook for 20 mins..
- Serve with a spoon of green pesto and some crusty bread. Freeze some portions for future use..
Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Tuscan White Bean Soup from Barefoot Contessa. This Tuscan Bean Soup, or Tuscan Ribollita Soup is ideal for those days when you want a nice, hot, filling meal that's bursting with flavor with minimal effort on your part. This smooth, silky Tuscan bean soup with crunchy, crispy croutons makes a warming bowlful on a chilly day. Reviews for: Photos of Chef John's Tuscan Bean Soup.