Fried matzo. The matzo will crisp and change to light golden brown after it is removed from the oil; adjust cooking time as needed. This quick and easy fried matzoh combines soaked matzoh meal with eggs for a delicious breakfast. Add about a cup of water to the matzah.
Remove matzo and soak in eggs and fry in oil until golden brown. Break the matzos into the bowl. Add the matzo mixture to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until well cooked. You can have Fried matzo using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried matzo
- Prepare 2 slice of yehuda matzo.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 tablespoon of water.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s of For topping choose of.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need of Jam or jelly.
- Prepare of Honey.
Easy savory fried matzo recipe lightened up. Based on my Bubby's old-school recipe. Easy savory fried matzo recipe that is perfect for Passover, breakfast or whenever you get the craving! To ensure the matzo balls are tender and light, try not to compress the balls while forming them.
Fried matzo step by step
- Chopped roughly the matzo and sprinkle with water and let it set for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs good add salt.
- Over medium heat add the butter then the matzo and cook for 2 minutes add the eggs keep scrambled with wood spoon cook as your egg desired like I like mine crispy it take about 4 minutes you served it with 1 teaspoon of sugar or jelly or honey enjoy 😉.
With chicken-stuffed and chicken-wrapped matzo balls behind me, I thought I was done. But I still had some spare uncooked matzo ball batter. Wet each matzo sheet under warm running water, until thoroughly wet and easy to break apart. Soak matzos in water until softened. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper.