Stuffed plantain boats. Our goal is to fundamentally change the way the world appreciates and engages with African food. In addition to this, we took on a challenge to introduce. Ripe Plantain Boats (Canoas) with Eggplants – Recipe I may not be Miss Cleo, but I know what you thought when you saw these Ripe Plantain Boats.
Then spoon the saucy seafood into warmed plantain cups, sprinkle with cilantro and dig in. A vegetarian stuffed plantain recipe of baked plantains seasoned with jerk seasoning and stuffed with refried beans, Spanish rice, zesty tomatoes and cilantro. Stuffed plantains – Whet your appetite with some oven baked sweet plantains stuffed with seasoned black beans and sprinkled with vegan cheese. You can have Stuffed plantain boats using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed plantain boats
- It’s 2 of medium size ripe plantain(not too ripe).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- You need 1 sachet of cornflakes(1 cup).
- You need 3 of grounded scotch bonnet.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 pinch of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare of Garam masala.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- You need 1 of onga(use half).
- It’s 2 of maggi cubes.
- You need of Spring onion(as much as u like).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need of Frying.
- You need of Non stick pan.
- You need of Oil.
One can of beans should fill up to four plantain boats. Get the yellow ones with black spots like above. Peel plantains and place on a baking sheet and brush with oil. In the meantime, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook.
Stuffed plantain boats instructions
- This are wat u need to make ur plantain boats.
- In a pan u add oil,onion,scotch bonnet nd stir fry.
- Then u add in 1 egg, scramble the egg using spatula or fork,then add ur curry powder nd garam masala.
- After adding u stirfry for few more secs, and add ur seasoning to taste and continue stiring,then add ur chopped spring onion.
- It is ready..
- Now in a big bowl add ur flour,then add a little amount of water to ur powdered sugar to make a thick paste,then add it to the flour,followed by 1 egg.
- Whisk it all together to get a smooth thick paste.
- Now peel the back of ur plantain,using a skewer instert it to the centre and be pushing it in nd backwards(this will help the middle to be soft)then cut using a knife(u dnt need to do anything as long as u pireced the middle just cut nd u will see it will make a space like shown here).
- Now push ur stuffing inside nd press lightly using ur hands,then dip it inside ur paste.
- U squashed ur cornflakes.
- Roll them in the flakes,nd dust them with flour to avoid stickness.
- Heat up oil,and fry them on medium heat till golden brown.
- And tanaaa it is done i serve it with hot chilli sauce.
- Note:if ur plaintain is too ripe it will break and if it is too unripe it will also break(i tried using both)enjoyyy.
These sweet plantains are baked in the oven and then stuffed with a savory turkey picadillo filling and topped with cheese – pretty hard to resist! Similar to a Puerto Rican Pastelón which is really more of a plantain lasagna, instead these are made as individual boats which are easy to. Plantains are gently fried, then smashed and shaped into cups and fried again. The crispy cups are then filled seasoned beef and topped with cheese in this impressive dish. Take one tablespoon of your plantain mixture and encase one slice of the cheese-wrapped hot dog, shaping into a cylindrical "tot." Cheesy Stuffed Plantain Tots.