Yam and ripe plantain pottage. I'm really not a fan of squishy foods so I tend to stay way from all things squishy pottage, even the popular yam pottage. Recently, a friend, Arit Okpo, posted a lovely photo of Goat Meat Plantain Pottage on Instagram and. After peeling the yam, wash it and put it inside the pot thereafter add the ripe plantain immediately den make sure you add your onions, tomato paste, grounded pepper, and the seasoning leave it to get cooked and done.well if you want to garnish it.
I'm not sure where the recipe for plantain pottage originated, but this dish is common in Nigeria. From the use of ground crayfish as a seasoning to the use of palm oil, the recipe is very local. Unlike with yam pottage, you won't have to mash this at all. You can have Yam and ripe plantain pottage using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yam and ripe plantain pottage
- You need Half of cup of palm oil.
- You need Half of bulb of Onion.
- You need 3 of red chilli (shombo).
- You need 6 of red habanero pepper.
- Prepare 1 of knorr cube.
- Prepare 1 of dry fish.
- You need Half of tuber of a medium sized yam.
- You need 3 of large ripe plantain (strong).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of blended crayfish.
- You need Half of bunch of green amaranth.
- You need to taste of Salt.
That's a DK secret right there. I am making today's beans and yam plantain pottage the way I was taught. Meanwhile, is it porridge or…» Yam Porridge with plantain is an incredibly rich and tasty one pot meal, and as the name implies the recipe is basically made with porridge and plantains, seasoned with salt and fortified with I need to mention that this recipe is also known other aliases like Yam pottage or Asaro in my traditional dialect. Soak and wash the fish with hot water, peel and dice plantain.
Yam and ripe plantain pottage instructions
- Blend your pepper, chop the Onion then set aside.
- Next, peel and cut the yam and plantain into your desired size and shape.
- Set your cooking pot on fire then add the palm oil, heat for few minutes at this point add the Onion and sauté.
- Next, red chilli (shombo) add the blended pepper mix, fry for three minutes, season with the knorr cube then add about a litre of water to the pot, add the already peeled yam then cover to start cooking, cook for three minutes then add the plantain, and dry fish then continue to cook.
- Add the blended crayfish the taste and adjust the taste with salt, cook till it's almost thickened then add the green amaranth leaf, stir and cook for few minutes, by now it must have thickened.
- Stir and bring down then serve.
- Add the bleeee.
In a clean pot, add.diced plantain(both ripe and unripe), add water, washed fish, diced onion, bonga fish powder, crayfish, seasoning cubes, salt,pepper and. Plantain porridge is easy to prepare, it takes the same process as Porridge Yam , although, with a little twist This delicious meal is usually made with unripe plantain, however, you can use a combination of ripe and unripe plantain, most people do this in This meal (unripe plantain pottage) is very rich. KFB Foodie Talk: How to make Yam and plantain porridge/pottage. Another day to make it right, go out there and flourish! Plantain pottage cooked Nigerian, this way is the yummiest, helps one lose weight, Controls sugar levels and very rich in vitamins.