Vegan Focaccia Bread.
You can cook Vegan Focaccia Bread using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Focaccia Bread
- It’s For of Dough Ingredients–.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of plain white flour.
- You need 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s For of Topping Ingredients–.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame.
- It’s 3-4 pieces of Chopped sun-dried tomatoes (from jar).
- Prepare 7-8 of Chopped black olives.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Italian herb.
- It’s to taste of Dried red chilies.
Vegan Focaccia Bread instructions
- Mix 4 tsp sugar and 1.5 tsp yeast into 1 cup of lukewarm water. Let the mixture rise for 15 minutes. The mixture should have risen if the yeast is not expired. Please do not cover yeast mixture at this stage as it may hamper with the yeast breeding conditions..
- Take a separate bowl and put in 2.5 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt and mix..
- Pour in 3 tbsp olive oil and yeast mixture and mix until rough sticky dough forms..
- Keep kneading dough for atleast 20 minutes. A standing mixer can be used for this process..
- Once the dough tightens with smooth surface, massage lightly with olive oil and cover the bowl with cling film. Place in a warm draft free place for 1 – 1.5 hours to rest..
- Create topping mixture in a separate bowl by mixing 2 tbsp Olive oil, pepper, dried red chilli flakes, italian season, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and any other topics to taste..
- After proving time, pick the dough facing upwards and place it in a square tin. Take a roller pin and use the end of the roller pin to prick holes into the bread. Once the holes are created, take a brush and brush with the topic mixture evenly. Push the sund-dried tomatoes and olives into the holes of the dough. Finish off with extra sea salt on top for added taste. Let it rise for another 1 hour..
- Pre-heat over at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 25 minutes until cooked. In case of older ovens, turn on bottom rod for 20 minutes and top rod for another 5 minutes for colour. Enjoy with a nice tomato soup!.