Lentil and Sausage Soup.
You can cook Lentil and Sausage Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and Sausage Soup
- You need 16 oz. of green lentils.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of fire roasted pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, diced.
- You need 1 of carrot, grated.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, quartered and sliced.
- It’s 4 of Roma tomatos, diced.
- You need 4 c of veal (or chicken) stock.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, pressed.
- You need 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried red chili, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dried Italian herbs.
- It’s of TT salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-4 c of water.
Lentil and Sausage Soup instructions
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and dried chili flakes and sautee until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add and brown sausage. Remove from pot and drain, reserving 1 tbsp of drippings.
- Return reserved drippings to pot with the onion, roasted pepper, celery, and sautee approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrot, and herbs to pot and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add sausage and remaining ingredients with enough water to fill pot 2 inches from top and bring to a boil.
- After 30 minutes, place 2 cups of soup in a food processor, pulse until smooth, and return to pot. Reduce until desired consistency.