You can cook Savory Pastichio using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Pastichio
- Prepare 6 of Portions.
- It’s 1 of large sauce pan for boiling pasta.
- You need 2 of smaller sauce pans for meat sauce and Bechamel sauce.
- You need 1 of baking pan.
- It’s of Ingredients:.
- It’s 500 grams of beef and veal.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of hand full of grated cheese (preferably not too salty).
- Prepare 500 grams of pasta (turbular).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 of small glass of white dry wine.
- It’s 250 grams of fresh peeled tomatoes or 2 tablespoons tomato paste.
- It’s of nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Parsley (optional).
- You need of Grated Cheese.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Bechamel sauce.
- You need 6 glasses of milk.
- Prepare 3 of – 5 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 14 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare of Salt, nutmeg.
- You need 2 of whipped eggs.
- It’s 4-5 tablespoons of grated bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 handful of grated cheese.
Savory Pastichio instructions
- To start off our Pastichio, the first thing we need to do make is our mince meat sauce. We start by chopping the onion into small pieces, our fresh tomatoes into small square pieces. We add olive oil just enough to cover the bottom part of the sauce pan and add the onion, stir until the color has turned golden brown..
- Add your beef/veal into the sauce pan, or skillet and stir, add all the ingredients mentioned (except for the eggs, and grated bread crumbs) and stir. Add just enough water so that it does not completely cover the mixture and leave it to boil. Don’t forget to stir..
- Tip: If your going to use tomato paste instead of fresh tomatoes, then add your tomato paste into one half glass of water. Stir until the paste has dissolved and then add it to your sauce.
- We take our sauce pan, add 2 teaspoons of Salt and just a dash of oil and boil the pasta. Strain and set aside for later. Take your buttered baking pan, and sprinkle and handful of grated cheese into it. Once that is done, add your pasta and spread it all around the pan, add the 2 whipped eggs and mix it together until the eggs have combined into the pasta. Top it with a bit more grated cheese, and then add your meat mixture and spread it over the pasta. Set aside.
- Tip: Adding the eggs holds the pasta together..
- In a sauce pan add all the ingredients for the Bechamel sauce except for the flour. We stir and bring it to a light boil, start to add the flout one tablespoon at a time and continue to stir, so that it does not become one big mass. Once the sauce has thicken take it of the stove and pour it slowly onto your meat mixture, starting from one end of the pan to the other. Repeat the process until you have covered the meat sauce..
- Top it with grated cheese, and bread crumbs and its ready to pop into the oven. Baking time is about 1 hour..
- Tip: I like to add an additional whipped egg onto my Bechamel sauce, before i sprinkle on the grated cheese and breadcrumbs. This gives it a darker finish..