Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce. A simple creamy sauce coats the noodles with chewy, salty, smoky, bites of sun-dried tomato. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal, made from ingredients A traditional carbonara is made with eggs, bacon or pancetta, and cheese (hello cholesterol bomb). So it's basically just about the least vegan dish.
Cool mushroom slices on baking sheet. For the sauce, combine cashews, olive oil, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and paprika in a blender or food processor. A simple recipe for smooth and silky carbonara sauce just like in an Italian restaurant. You can cook Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2.5 cups of almond milk.
- It’s 1/4 C of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 Tsp of Sea salt.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of White pepper.
No cream needed to achieve this beatiful sauce. I also provide a step by step photo tutorial for the Carbonara sauce using only eggs and Parmesan cheese. The sauce used is creamy and makes the meal even more delicious. You can add sliced chestnut mushrooms or capers to the sauce for a tasty twist on this vegan version of a classic Italian meal.
Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce instructions
- Heat the tablespoon of oil on medium high heat. Once to temperature, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes..
- Lower the heat to medium, remove from heat and add a flower mix well..
- Return to the medium heat and add the remaining seasoning (salt, pepper, nutritional yeast) and the almond milk. Whisk together on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Let the flavors combined and get used to each other 🙂 The sauce will thicken. If gets to thick add little more almond milk..
- Once all ingredients have been combined and infused, turn off the heat and let sit to cool. This step is not necessary. I do this for I hate placing hot liquid on my blender..
- Combine all these ingredients together in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes, or until smooth. This as you know all depends on how strong your blender is. Taste, may need mote salt..
- Once blended, you will have a creamy sauce that you can use for just about anything! Use on pastas, meatball tacos, falafels, salads, etc. Imagination is key!.
Vegan carbonara made with creamy cashew sauce. Cashew cheese sauce is also great for pizza's or savory snacks like tarts and muffins. Or even as a dip on some chips, crisps or veggies. Then it hit me – vegan carbonara ft. coconut bacon. The creamy sauce is adapted from Bon Appetit's recipe but I added nutritional yeast (I refuse to say nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavour because it just doesn't, to me) for a savoury touch.