Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by.
You can have Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by
- You need 2 cup of flour (for Passover 2 cups Matzo cake meal).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Rumford's Baking Powder (for Passover change to 1 tsp kosher for Passover baking powder).
- Prepare 2 of eggs or 4 oz egg whites.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of water or milk.
- You need 1 tsp of flavoring extract. (For white cake user clear vanilla) (for lemon cake use lemon extract) (for Rum Raisin use Imitation Rum Extract).
- You need 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional for chocolate chip cake) or 3/4 cup Raisins for Rum Raisin cake.
- You need 1 of whole lemon peel, zested (optional for lemon cake).
- It’s 4 of FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY 6 egg whites beaten stiff.
- You need of OPTIONAL – FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY 6 egg whites, stiff.
Layer Cake No 2 from Rumford's Complete Cookbook 194 adapted by step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 layer cake pans and set aside..
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder twice..
- Beat the eggs and sugar til light and frothy..
- Add the water or milk alternately with the flour, salt and baking powder..
- Add the flavoring extract..
- Fold in chocolate chips or Raisins if needed..
- FOR PASSOVER ADAPTATION ONLY – fold in beaten egg whites..
- Bake about 20 minutes..
- Fill with desired filling.
- Note: This cake dries more quickly than one in which butter is used..