Brad's fried plantains over rice. Using plantains instead of regular rice gives this fried rice dish natural sweet flavor. Before the concert festivities began, I made a fun and flavorful plantain fried rice. I loved the sweet and slightly tangy flavors that the plantains added to the dish.
Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. For example, in the South American country of Guyana, fried ripe plantains are traditionally served with one of their national dishes, cook-up rice (rice, beans, and meat cooked with coconut milk). I will be showing how to fry plantains commonly known as dodo / Platanos Maduros. You can cook Brad's fried plantains over rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's fried plantains over rice
- Prepare 2 of lg plantains.
- You need of oil for frying.
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of small can sweetened condensed milk.
It can be served with other food such as Fried egg, Beans, Rice and many other dishes. Plantains are ripe when the skin is yellow in colour not green and when the skin is mostly black that is a sign that it is over ripe. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor. The salty crunch with the softness of the rice and beans?
Brad's fried plantains over rice step by step
- In a medium saucepan start rice by adding rice, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boil uncovered. Stir, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and do not stir. When water is almost absorbed, shut off heat. Leave on burner to finish..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan. Preheat over medium, enough oil to just cover bottom of the pan..
- Peel plantains. Cut 3" long. Cut those pieces lengthwise into thin strips. Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels..
- Plate rice. Put fried plantains over the top. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and serve..
Yeah, it becomes a very real need. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. "This traditional Nigerian dish brings out the best possible flavor of rice and chicken. Preparation With a small sharp knife cut ends from each plantain and halve crosswise. Cut a lengthwise slit through skin along inside curve. Fried plantains are a versatile dish that can be served at any meal.