Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta. •Ashta cream is a clotted cream popular in the Middle East that is sometimes scented with orange blossom water. You can find it at select Middle Eastern grocers or substitute it by mixing ricotta cheese with a little thickened cream and optionally a drop of orange blossom water. Atayef are Middle-Eastern Pancakes stuffed with a ricotta cream, sprinkled with crushed pistachios and served with a rose-water simple syrup.
Atayef (kataif or قطايف) are thin and lacy stuffed Arabic pancakes. What sets these pancakes apart is that they are cooked only on one side, the other side is velvety because it is covered with bubbles, this allows the flavors of the filling to permeate the atayef. There are two types of atayef, regular and. You can have Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta
- Prepare of – For the batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 cups of whipping cream.
- It’s 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- You need 4 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water.
- Prepare of – For the sugar syrup:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Prepare of Candied orange blossom (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of raw ground pistachios.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
Ataif bil ashta are luscious cream filled Arabic pancakes drizzled in orange blossom water scented sugar syrup. Atayef (Kataif), the ultimate Arabic pancake Ramadan Mubarak to all my wonderful readers who Either stuffed with cream or with… Atayef com pistache. After cooking all of the pancakes, let them cool a little. Qatayef / Atayef or Katayef is an iconic Middle Eastern treat, made from pancakes My favorite savory stuffing is with feta cheese and mint, you can also stuff them with browned minced meat.
Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Fill each pancake with 1 to 2 tablespoons of ashta cream, close it from one side and keep it open from the other..
- Garnish with ground pistachios or candied orange blossoms. Add sugar syrup to taste while serving..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' under my profile..
Or may be stuff them with cream and left. As soon as all the Atayef are cooked, fill them with some ashta (cream) a bit of cherry coulis, pinching on one end to form a spoon shape and place in a serving platter; serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours. A gloriously creamy and moist semolina cake, stuffed with luscious cream drizzled with syrup then topped with nuts. They are special to the month of Ramadan. Urmează pașii rețetei: Atayef bi Ashta wa Joz.