Porridge beans & sweet potatoes with dodo & fish. Beans Porridge is a delicacy in Nigeria, it is one of those Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian. I really like the taste of porridge beans especially when it is made with ripe plantain, I only. Nigerian beans porridge is the definition of complete comfort food and can be paired with garri (cassava flakes), bread or ogi (fermented starch porridge).
Glutinous rice flour, honey, jujubes, pine nuts, potato starch, salt, split peas, vegetable oil, water. Nigerian Beans porridge is a delicious mix of brown beans, onions, pepper, salt and palm oil. This Nigerian bean porridge recipe is soo delicious and definitely a keeper. You can have Porridge beans & sweet potatoes with dodo & fish using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Porridge beans & sweet potatoes with dodo & fish
- It’s Half of mudu of beans.
- You need 10 of balls fresh pepper.
- Prepare 3 of large balls of onions.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized Titus fish.
- It’s 1 of milk cup cray fish.
- Prepare 3 of balls of medium sized sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 of big fingers of plantain.
- Prepare cubes of Salt & Knorr.
- You need of Curry, thyme & black pepper.
How to make Korean red bean porridge. To make patjuk, the beans are cooked down until very soft. The traditional method is to mash the beans through a strainer to remove the skins to achieve a. This beans porridge is so light, it can be eaten at anytime of day.
Porridge beans & sweet potatoes with dodo & fish instructions
- Put your selected and washed beans into a pressure pot, add 4 cups of water and cover the pot. Place on heat to cook for 20mins.
- Pour out the beans in a sieve and wash again. Peel the sweet potatoes cut into cubes and set aside..
- Wash and blend 2 balls of onions, pepper and crayfish.
- Place the pressure pot on heat, add palm oil and allow for 1 minute then add 1 ball of sliced onion, add the blended paste and allow to cook for 5mins..
- Add 3 full cups of water, then add salt & Knorr cubes, curry, thyme, beans and the chopped sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and allow to cook for about 20mins. Turn off heat..
- Wash plantain fingers and peel. Slice in ring shape and fry in a frying pan. Remove when golden brown..
- Wash fish and season with salt, black pepper, knorr and slice a little onion. Using a ceramic plate put it in the microwave for 5 mins and remove. Place frying pan on heat and fry. Turn off heat and serve as pictured above with any drink of your choice; I used water!.
For beans haters, try them with this hot porridge or with my boiled and fried brown beans recipe. I love my beans a lil soupy. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. This is how to prepare beans and plantain porridge in a different way. This recipe is simpler and This porridge made out of beans and plantain is a perfect satiating vegetarian or even vegan meal but if. [Photograph: Chichi Wang] Mung beans, small and dark green, become bean sprouts when left to sprout.