Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan. The base for the vegan alfredo sauce starts with creating a roux, which is achieved with olive oil This was the most easiest Alfredo recipe ever! I could not believe how quick and delicious it was. Just made fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli and mushrooms and it was really good, but vegetarian.
Sauce: Using the lesser amounts of each Allow the sauce to simmer uncovered and thicken while you prepare the mushrooms and pasta. Made this recipe tonight for Friday night dinner and it is not alfredo sauce, but it is awesome. A lighter quick and easy fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli for busy Meatless Mondays, full of broccoli and cheesy Alfredo goodness! You can have Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan
- It’s of Sauce :.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (liquid from can; see note).
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare to taste of salt pepper &.
- It’s of water as needed.
- It’s of Pasta :.
- You need 1 package of fettuccine pasta.
- You need 1 of yellow onion , diced.
- You need 1 package of portobello mushroom (8oz), sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli , chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare Handful of greens(optional).
Did everyone have a good Easter? Mine was very low key and involved a couple of bordeaux eggs and a sugar coma… We're going to finish of our March Meatless Monday. Tender broccoli florets, hearty pasta, and a creamy indulgent sauce make for great vegetarian main dish. Toss the pasta and broccoli in the sauce until everything is well coated.
Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan step by step
- *Note-refrigerate coconut milk overnight or for a few hours to seperate the solid from the liquid: we're only using the liquid at the bottom in this recipe. Save the cream at the top for creamy smoothies, sauces, to replace butter in baked goods, or even whip it with sugar and vanilla to create vegan whipped cream!**.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Afterwards, strain and return to the pot it was boiled in add a touch of oil to prevent sticking..
- While the pasta is cooking, first dice the onions and mince the garlic(it is important to let garlic and onions rest for 10 minutes before being cooked to release a cancer-preventing property. Chop Broccoli into small florets. (Tip: instead of wasting the nutrient-packed stem, make sure to grab as much stem as possible when breaking the florets, you can slice much of the stem off to create smaller florets. This will add more fiber/nutrients and offer extra deliciousness in your pasta. Use the….
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, add water to your desired consistency..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot add mushrooms and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until onion is translucent and liquid has been released, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and broccoli, continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and add to pasta as well as Alfredo sauce. Stir well, reheat everything at medium heat for about a minute and serve over green leaves for extra nutrients(optional)!.
Ooh, peas would be nice in this instead of broccoli, too! This super easy vegan Alfredo sauce with coconut milk is dairy-free, oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free. Even though vegan fettuccine Alfredo may seem like a difficult or fancy meal, it's actually one of the easiest meals that Top with sauteed mushrooms for mushroom Alfredo too! Fettuccine alfredo with mushrooms brings a mix of cheesy, creamy and earthy flavors together. It's a restaurant-worthy dish you can totally make at home.