Jollof rice wit fried fish and plantain. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Serve with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. Jollof rice is a staple across much of West Africa, with each country possessing its own interpretation.
The first food I ever cooked was boiled long grain rice. It was to be eaten with obe ata or red pepper stew, colloquially We refer to these "bland" dishes as swallows. So-called because chewing is not necessary. You can cook Jollof rice wit fried fish and plantain using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice wit fried fish and plantain
- You need of Rice.
- You need of Veg oil.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Bay leave.
- You need of Bonnet ball,tomatoes,bawa.
- You need of Tomato paste.
- You need of Plump tomato.
- It’s of Seasoning (curry,thyme,maggi).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Plantains.
- You need of Fish(Titus).
- You need of Jollof rice spice(lasor spice).
Our food is mostly vegetarian with meat and fish being. Nigerian Jollof Rice can be served with , grilled/fried chicken, beef, fish, Moi moi, Veggie&prawn stir fry, fried plantains, Nigerian Salad and also topped up with stew (Obe ata dindin or Nigerian beef stew and Chicken stew). Below is a video showing you how to cook the perfect Party Jollof Rice…Enjoy! Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal.
Jollof rice wit fried fish and plantain instructions
- Wash your fish and pepper,grind your pepper, ring your Onion and plump tomatoes.
- Get pot pour your veg oil into the pot when it get hot pour your ring onions and tomatoes when the ring tomatoes and Onion get fried pour your tomato paste stir leave too fry for some Minute.
- Then you pour your pepper add your seasoning add your bay leave and.
- When it fried stew pour stock water into it and water leave too boil.
- Wash your rice and pour into the pot taste if it still need seasoning if it does add too it.
- While boiling add your margarine.
- When the done place down.
- Then you fry your fish and plantain.
- Ready too serve.
It is a very versatile dish and it is usually made from scratch using Rice, Tomatoes, Pimento peppers, Tomato Serve with Fried Chicken , Spicy Grilled Chicken, Grilled Tilapia Fish or Gizzards and plantains. Jollof rice and fried plantainsMatt Taylor-Gross. SAVEUR kitchen assistant Yewande Komolafe, a native of Lagos, Nigeria, gave us her family's recipe for this Serve it with fried plantains, stewed greens, and meat or fish. Jollof rice is also served with salad or fried plantain called dodo in the Yoruba language. The Senegalese version of this traditional dish, thieboudienne, which features fried fish and that I cooked last year They make a separate stew, then mix the rice with the stew to finish the cooking together.