You can have Kfarat Kbab using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kfarat Kbab
- Prepare 2 cups (700 gm) of minced veal meat (fat free).
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast, boneless and finely minced.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of fine bulgur (dry, NOT presoaked).
- Prepare 2-3 of medium onions, finely minced using a food processor with a little bit of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water for mixing the dough, salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 5 tsp of ground anise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice (I personally add a pinch of ground cardamom and ground ginger only).
- Prepare of Salted warm water to cook kebabs.
Kfarat Kbab instructions
- Mince onions in food processor with a little bit of water in to guarantee finesse..
- Combine minced meat and minced chicken in a bowl and mix very well, add bulgur then minced onions and continue mixing. You can use a kneading machine for a faster result in this step, but the traditional way is to knead by hand. Add spices, salt and pepper while kneading. Add a little bit of warm of water gradually, one spoon at a time, until you get a well combined dough that can be easily shaped. Stop adding water once you get it. Add olive oil (keep some aside till later) and continue mixing..
- In a deep cooking pot, preferably Tefal or thick based stainless steel, add the remaining olive oil. Rub your hands with some oil and start forming the kebabs into thick flat patties, hand palm size, place them at the bottom of the pot..
- Form the remaining dough into oval fingers, the traditional Kebbeh shape but in a smaller diameter, and place them as a second layer in the pot. Place the pot over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until you hear the sizzling of oil..
- Add salted warm water gently covering the bottom layer only. When it starts boiling, lower the heat, cover the pot and let it cook for 30-45 minutes or until water dries out. When you hear the sizzling sound and smell the kebab, turn off heat..
- Make sure to monitor the drying out process.Wait a few minutes then flip the pot upside down into a serving plate..
- Serve alongside yogurt and salad. Bon appetite.