Beef Rolls with Meat/Cheese Cannelloni Stuffing. Beef Cannelloni stuffed with a juicy spinach and beef filling, topped Beef Cannelloni stuffed with a juicy spinach and beef filling, topped with plenty of tomato cannelloni sauce and melty cheese. Can also roll filling up in fresh lasagna sheets – whatever size. Variations Swap the beef for turkey and chicken sausage.
This easy no-boil baked manicotti pasta dish, known as Cannelloni is stuffed with ricotta. Cannelloni stuffed with meat – a dish known and valued by gourmets around the world. A simplified, healthier cannelloni recipe with ground beef and ricotta stuffed lasagna shells baked in a blend of marinara, alfredo sauce, and parmesan. You can have Beef Rolls with Meat/Cheese Cannelloni Stuffing using 31 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Rolls with Meat/Cheese Cannelloni Stuffing
- It’s 4 pounds of beef round slices.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of For Filling.
- It’s of For Fillimg.
- It’s 1 pound of ground pork.
- You need 1 pound of veal round steak, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces.
- You need 1/2 of pound,mordella, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, choppes.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of carrot, chopped.
- You need 11/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of teaspon salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks re hot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 8 ounces of shredded provalone cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil.
- It’s of For Sauce.
- It’s 6 cups of marinara sauce, I used my basic marinara sauce in my profile or in search or use your favorite.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of low sodium beef broth, divided use.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 of teaspoonn red pepper flakes.
- You need of To Garnish.
- It’s 2 of tablespoonsfresh chopped basil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh italian parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking, about.
When it's all said and done, you'll have beef and ricotta stuffed lasagne rolls smothered in a blend of marina, alfredo sauce, and parmesan cheese. Place the cannelloni seam side down on the sauce and top with the remaining tomato sauce and the sliced mozzarella. Beef Braciole (Stuffed Italian Beef Roll). Starting from the bottom, roll the meat into a log.
Beef Rolls with Meat/Cheese Cannelloni Stuffing step by step
- Make Filling, have all meats ready to cook.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add onion, garlic, celery, carrot and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add all meats, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and hot sauce and cook until meats are browned and no longer pink, add more oil only if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl, cool slightly and add chesses, basil and parsley and combine.
- Place mixture in food processor to pulse into a smooth mixture, it may take a few batches deoending in the size of your processor.
- Cool completely before making steak rolls.
- Make Beef Rolls.
- Meanwhile put saouce together.
- In a a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the beef broth, marinara sauce, cream, ltalian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and bring to a simmerc and simmer 5 minutes.
- Make beef rolls. Preheat oven to 300.
- Lay beef slices on work surface, place some filling about 1/4 to 1/3 cups full on one end and roll up, secure with tootpicks.
- In a large deep skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle rolls with salt and pepper and brown rolls on each siides, remove to a plate when browned.
- When all rolls are done add remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth to skillet and scrape up all browned bits, simmer 1 minute and add to sauce.
- Spray a large roasting pan with non stick spray. Add a layer of sauce to pan and place browned beef rolls seam side down in one layer.
- Add more sauce on top.
- Cover roasting pan tigthly with foil and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until beef is very fork tender. Carfully transfer rolls to plates or a platter, Remove toothpicks. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and parsley. Offer fresh grated romano or parmesan cheesecwhen serving.
- This is great with pasta, potatos and rice.
Using butcher's twine, tie up the roll so it holds its shape. To make each cannelloni, scoop up ¼ cup of the filling and form with your hands into a cylinder. Roll the crespelle over again, and place in the prepared dish, seam side down. Make double: Giada's beefy, cheesy manicotti Stir the cooled meat mixture into the cheese mixture. Stuff the mixture into the cannelloni tubes with a small spoon or a piping bag.