Pecan-crusted chicken. Crust chicken breasts by dipping both sides of prepared chicken into egg white mixture. Then applying crumbs to both sides, patting them on as much as possible. Rub each chicken breast with honey mustard, then coat with the pecan mixture.
This Pecan Crusted Chicken has been in my repertoire for a while now so I thought I would share the love. 🙂 You can serve it plain, over zucchini noodles or it's the perfect compliment with any salad! Chicken fingers, chicken tenders, chicken strips, whatever you call them is fine by me as long as Since the day I shot these photos two weeks ago, I've made pecan crusted chicken fingers for. They're every bit as delicious as breaded chicken tenders without all of the carbs. You can have Pecan-crusted chicken using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan-crusted chicken
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of pecans.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 6 of chicken tenders (about 1lb).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
What's more, they're delicious enough for your non-keto family to enjoy right along with you. Baked Chicken Breasts With Parmesan Crust. Crispy panko bread crumbs and pecans coat chicken breasts that are first dipped in yogurt–they're cooked until crispy and golden. This pecan crusted chicken is a family favorite and it's so simple!
Pecan-crusted chicken step by step
- For chicken, lightly beat egg whites in one coating tray. Finely chop pecans with a food chopper and place in separate coating tray. Combine salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Slice chicken tenders in half lengthwise and remove white tendons. Sprinkle pepper mixture over chicken. Dip chicken into egg white, then into pecans, pressing pecans into chicken..
- add oil to 12 inch skillet; heat over medium-low heat until shimmering. cook chicken 2-3 minutes or until deep golden brown. Turn chicken over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until centers of chicken are no longer pink..
My favorite salad is Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad from TGIFs. Had one last night for supper. Made this for lunch and it was very similar. Nutty sautéed chicken dipped in a creamy mustard sauce delivers nicely varied textures and flavors. Using cornstarch rather than flour makes the crust.