Shahi Mothi Zarda.
You can cook Shahi Mothi Zarda using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shahi Mothi Zarda
- It’s 250 gm of long Sella Rice.
- You need 1-1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 5 of Cardamom pods.
- Prepare 6 of Cloves.
- It’s Pinch of Saffron.
- You need pinch of Kesri food colouring.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Ghee (clarified butter).
- Prepare 8-10 of Cashews chopped.
- It’s 8-10 of Raisins.
- Prepare pinch of Saffron.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rose essence.
- Prepare of Ingredients for Mothi:.
- You need 2 of ripe plantains (Banana).
- Prepare 100 gms of cottage Cheese.
- It’s 100 gms of roasted Peanuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of powdered Sugar.
- Prepare 1 sheet of Silver verk.
- Prepare As required of Oil for frying.
Shahi Mothi Zarda step by step
- Procedure for Zarda: Wash the rice thoroughly. Soak the rice in very hot water for atleast 30 minutes or more. Soaking the rice in hot water will reduce the cooking time and also makes the rice long..
- In a deep vessel, fill in water add to it cardamom pods, cloves and the food colour. When the water starts to boil add the soaked rice and let it cook 95% or almost done. You may add few drops of ghee, if you are worried that your rice may become sticky..
- Once the rice is cooked, drain it in the strainer. You will notice long non sticky rice..
- In the same deep vessel add ghee, cardamom pods and cloves. Then add the drained rice, saffron and sugar, give gentle mix. Be careful not to be harsh on rice else it will break. The rice and sugar will release water, allow the water and sugar to be absorbed on medium flame and mix only when required. When the liquid is fully absorbed, add few drops of rose essence and switch off the flame and cover the vessel for the flavours to amalgamate. After 5 minutes when you open the vessel it will smell.
- Procedure for Shahi Mothi:.
- Use ripe but firm Bananas. Remove the Banana’s skin and steam it on high flame. Steaming will make it easy to smash and will hold the mixture firm. This will take around 5 minutes..
- Allow the banana to cool down and then smash with hand or motar pestle. Don’t not use grinder..
- Crumble the cottage cheese, add sugar powder to it and give a good mix. Crush the peanuts and combine it with the cottage cheese..
- Make equal size small balls of the smashed banana and flat it on your palm like a small poori. Spoon in the cheese mixture and roll back the banana smash to make small. Keep it in fridge for 5 minutes..
- Take a pan and heat oil. Now fry those banana mothi’s on medium heat until golden brown on all side. Drain it from oil and apply Silver vark on it..
- Serve the Zarda on a platter, garnish with nuts, raisin and Mothi’s..