Dried fruit salad – khoshaf. Rinse the dried fruits under the running faucet, add to the syrup. Marinate the fruits for a few hours or overnight. Remove the nuts from their respective bowls, peel the Place the peeled nuts in the serving bowl along with the dried fruits and syrup.
Can use any dried fruit for this dish, and raw cashew nuts for walnuts. Great recipe for Dried fruit salad – khoshaf. A dessert made of dried fruits soaked in apricot juice and decorated with almonds and pine nuts. You can have Dried fruit salad – khoshaf using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried fruit salad – khoshaf
- You need 1 liter of apricot juice, or any other juice like qamar ed-deen – apricot sherbet – or tang juice.
- It’s 1 cup of dried apricots.
- You need 1 cup of dried prunes.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried raisins, big grains.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried raisins, small grains.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almonds, preferably unroasted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pistachios, preferably unroasted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts, preferably unroasted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
It's a healthy and refreshing Syrian dessert. Khoshaf/Khushaf is a dried fruit and nut salad, an old-fashioned Middle Eastern dessert. This wonderful concoction is made of raisins, dried prunes, dried apricots, slivered almonds, pine nuts and. During the holy month of Ramadan, Egyptian used to make the khoshaf to make up for the amount of water lost during the daytime period, It is often the first.
Dried fruit salad – khoshaf instructions
- Soak all the dried fruits together in the chosen juice..
- Leave it for 4 hr then add the orange blossom water and sugar..
- Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with the nuts..
- You can soak the nuts in water before serving..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Apricot sherbet' under my profile..
Dried fruit recipe or khoshaf in an authentic Egyptian compot recipe made with apricots, figs, prunes, raisins and nuts. Place the figs, apricots, prunes, cranberries, raisins, and golden raisins into a bowl. Dried Fruit Salad – Khoshaf خشاف. Qatayef – قطايف – Dumpling Stuffed with Nuts and Raisins. Arabic Boiled Flour Pudding – Asida العصيدة.