Exotic Banana Boat.
You can cook Exotic Banana Boat using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Exotic Banana Boat
- Prepare 3 of Ripe Kerala banana (Plantain).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Coconut.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cashew nuts (unsalted).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cherries.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 3– 4 tablespoon of Vegetable Ghee.
- It’s As needed of Garnish: Cherries.
Exotic Banana Boat step by step
- Chop the cashew nuts into smaller pieces. In a non-stick pan, heat about 1 teaspoon of ghee and fry the chopped nuts. Fry the raisins too in the same ghee. When they have swollen, drain and keep aside. In the below picture, i chopped the nuts after frying it, which i don't recommend..
- In the remaining ghee, on the lowest flame, roast the grated coconut along with sugar until it is caramelized to light brown and coconut start releasing a nice nutty aroma. Remove from the pan and keep aside. Adding honey is optional..
- Combine all the three roasted items together along with half the quantity of cherries. Reserve the remaining cherries for the final garnish..
- Now take the Plantains, one at a time and make long narrow incisions length-wise, but do not slit it full..
- Spoon in 2 tbsp of roasted mixture into the incision, slowly pushing them inside with both your thumb, to allow more place for the mixture. Repeat, till you are done with all the bananas..
- In the same non-stick pan, add more ghee/oil and shallow fry these bananas with the incision side down first..
- Serve it and garnish with some more Cherries, drizzle some honey or chocolate sauce and make it's look stunning..