Authentic Italian Meatballs.
You can have Authentic Italian Meatballs using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Authentic Italian Meatballs
- Prepare of For the Meatballs:.
- Prepare 250 of veal mince (if you can't find, replace with beef mince).
- You need 250 of beef mince.
- Prepare 500 g of pork mince.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs (about 4 slices of bread should do it, no crusts).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of extra-large egg.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 125 ml of red wine – something good, like Chianti.
- You need 750 g of canned crushed or chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of For Serving:.
- It’s of Fresh spaghetti!.
Authentic Italian Meatballs instructions
- Place all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl. Mix together with your hands until fully combined. Create 2 inch meatballs – you should have around 20..
- Pour vegetable and olive oil into a large saucepan/skillet. When the oil is hot enough, brown the meatballs on all sides. This will need to be done in batches – give the meatballs enough room in the pan. It should take about 10 minutes per batch. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through, just brown them nicely. Remove from the pan and put on the side..
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in the same pan you browned the meatballs in. Add the onion and saute for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up the brown bites from the meatballs off the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine evaporates, about 3 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together..
- Return the meatballs to sauce, cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 25 to 30 minutes. Let the meatballs cook all the way through..
- Serve on some hot spaghetti, and be sure to sprinkle on parmesan!.