Tofu al ajillo (vegan). Champiñones al ajillo or garlic mushrooms in English is a very popular Spanish tapas dish made from sautéed mushrooms with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and chilis. Al ajillo is a typical condiment in the cuisines of the Spanish-speaking world. In Mexico, it combines guajillo chili peppers and ajo (garlic).
I don't have to decide…I can try a little bit of everything!! And all the dishes are so delicious: Patas Bravas, Spanish Tortilla, Chorizo al Vino, Manchego cheese, …but my favourite is always Gambas al Ajillo. This delicious gambas al ajillo recipe makes the perfect Spanish garlic shrimp tapas. You can cook Tofu al ajillo (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu al ajillo (vegan)
- You need 1 pack of Tofu.
- Prepare 4 of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of small head broccoli.
- Prepare 2 of dried red chilli.
- Prepare 100 ml of virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of tspn salt.
They are quick and easy to prepare and always a big hit. How to Make Gambas al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Shrimp Tapas). A flavorful vegan stir-fry with crispy tofu, szechuan sauce, loaded up with healthy vegetables! Fresh shrimps sauteed in olive oil and garlic.
Tofu al ajillo (vegan) instructions
- Cut tofu into 4 to 6 pieces.
- Wrap tofu with a paper towel for it to absorb water. Put an ajillo pan on top of the tofu for about an hour to drain well..
- Dice the garlic..
- Put the olive oil in a small pan with the garlic and red chili pepper. Heat it slowly on a low heat until the aroma transfers to the oil..
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces..
- Season the oil with salt and put the veggies in the pan..
- After 3 min, put the tofu in the pan. Simmer for 5 min more..
- Goes well with any kind of veggies like tomatoes, asparagus and carrots..
- Be sure to use the left-over olive oil for a great peperoncino pasta!.
Tofu cubes with chopped onions, caramelized garlic glazed with a special sauce sprinkled with chili. It's spicy-sweet, healthier than the classic Chinese takeout dish, and one of my favorite tofu recipes. This vegan mapo tofu recipe is very similar to our ever-popular traditional mapo tofu. The main difference is that instead of ground pork, we're using finely chopped shiitake mushrooms to add umami to the dish. Peel the prawns, leaving their tails intact.