Sweet Plantain & Apple Breakfast Bake. This recipe for fried plantains will show you how to get that deep caramelization and custardy interior, and how to pick out the best plantains at the grocery store. This traditional South America and Caribbean side dish adds a nice sweetness to any meal. All Reviews for Sauteed Sweet Plantains (Tajaditas Dulces de Platano).
I love plantains, especially sweet ones. I love plantains, especially sweet ones. This is a lower fat method of making "maduros" without the use of oil and frying in a pan. You can have Sweet Plantain & Apple Breakfast Bake using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Plantain & Apple Breakfast Bake
- It’s of Ripe plantain – 1, cut into thin vertically slices.
- You need of Red Gala apple – 1, cored & diced into small cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded coconut-.
- It’s of Cashew nuts – 6, chopped into small pieces.
- Prepare tsp of Vanilla extract-1/2.
- You need 2 of Eggs –.
- It’s As needed of Brown sugar-.
- You need As needed of Ghee/clarified butter-.
These Venezuelan Sweet Plantains are divine! They're caramelized in the outside and soft and tender in the inside. Perfect side dish for any entrée. These juicy baked plantains are a delight, they are sweet, melt in your mouth and healthy.
Sweet Plantain & Apple Breakfast Bake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the plantain slices and fry them in batches until they are golden brown on both sides. Drain them onto a paper towel and keep aside..
- In the same pan, add the apples dices and fry till they turn slightly tender and pale brown. Transfer into a plate and keep aside. Melt more butter in the same pan. Add the shredded add coconut, sugar, & chopped cashew nuts, and roast till the mixture turns light golden in colour. Remove from flame and keep aside..
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the vanilla extract. Grease a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half of the roasted plantain slices as the first layer. Spread the apples and coconut mixture over the plantain layer. Gently pour the egg mixture over the plantains and apples. Top with the remaining plantain slices and sprinkle some sugar over it. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs have fully cooked. Remove from the oven. Serve immediately..
Baked in the oven compared to traditional frying, this is comfort food at its best, served as a side. To peel the plantains, cut off ends and discard. After living some years of my life in the States of Veracruz and Tabasco, and being raised by a mother from Veracruz, plantains have become a part of my cooking. Here is a quick and easy recipe called Platanos Maduros. This is a great side dish for any meal, and is vegetarian and vegan friendly!