Green Plantain Tacos. These tacos are exactly as they sound – stuffed with plantains, sweet potatoes and black beans and topped with a simple guacamole. They're vegan, gluten-free and an excellent lunch or dinner option! Information about Green Plantain Bananas including applications, recipes, nutritional value, taste Green plantains are distinguished by their age.
I think we can all agree that a basket of crispy things, ready to be smothered in tender, spicy meat and fresh toppings can perk up the most. You need to start with green plantains, the yellow ones are sweeter and won't work for this recipe. Just made the Zest Avocado Cilantro Dressing for the crockpot taco chicken salad recipe and it is. You can have Green Plantain Tacos using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Plantain Tacos
- You need 1/2 cup of Ragi flour.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of maida /wheat flour.
- You need 1 of plantain.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of greenchili.
- It’s of Origano.
- You need of Chiliflask.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Oats for coating.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- Prepare Slice of cheese.
Make these crispy plantain taco shells instead of corn or flour tortillas. Gluten free plantain taco made with green plantains are perfect with any filling. It's important to use plantains that are neither too ripe (mostly black) nor too unripe and firm (mostly green), but ones that give slightly when. Crisp fried green plantains with a tender core, served with guacamole.
Green Plantain Tacos instructions
- Boil the paintain,keep it aside.
- Take bowl pour ragi flour, maida into it. Then add the eggs along with a chiliflasks, Origano, salt and a little water to make the batter like Dosa batter.
- Then take another bowl, take the boiled plantain smash it,add salt to taste,chilipowder, copped capsicum, onion, coriander leaves etc..
- Make plantain balls from this dough,to add taste you can keep cheese slices at the centre of the balls..
- 1st dip it into the Cornstarch water and then roll it on the oats..then the balls r ready to fry.Fry the balls for 5-7 mins on low flame..
- Now put the tawa on flame and pour the ragi batter for making the tacos like small uttapam size..😊.
- Then add mayo to the tacos and keep one tikki inside it..Then it's reday to eat..Serve it hot…😊thanku.
Vegan: Fried Green Plantains With Guacamole. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. These green plantain crackers are a great first food for those healing their guts! First, make sure your plantains are at room temperature, for cold plantains can be twice as hard to peel, which pretty much translates to darn near impossible! If you stored your plantains in the ice box.