Fried matzo. The matzo will crisp and change to light golden brown after it is removed from the oil; adjust cooking time as needed. This quick and easy fried matzoh combines soaked matzoh meal with eggs for a delicious breakfast. I grew up in Connecticut (no team, the Patriots don't count), went to a high school best at tennis (no Friday Night Lights here), and then a college.
It's most commonly eaten during Passover, but many eat it year-round. Break the matzos into the bowl. With chicken-stuffed and chicken-wrapped matzo balls behind me, I thought I was done. You can cook Fried matzo using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried matzo
- Prepare 2 slice of yehuda matzo.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need of For topping choose of.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need of Jam or jelly.
- Prepare of Honey.
But I still had some spare uncooked matzo ball batter. Easy savory fried matzo recipe lightened up. Based on my Bubby's old-school recipe. Easy savory fried matzo recipe that is perfect for Passover, breakfast or whenever you get the craving!
Fried matzo step by step
- Chopped roughly the matzo and sprinkle with water and let it set for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs good add salt.
- Over medium heat add the butter then the matzo and cook for 2 minutes add the eggs keep scrambled with wood spoon cook as your egg desired like I like mine crispy it take about 4 minutes you served it with 1 teaspoon of sugar or jelly or honey enjoy 😉.
Dip one matzo at a time into the egg mixture, then put in pan holding down middle of matzo so the ends dont curl up. Remove matzo and soak in eggs and fry in oil until golden brown. Wet each matzo sheet under warm running water, until thoroughly wet and easy to break apart. Break the matzo sheets into pieces in the bowl with the beaten eggs, until all the matzo is broken up. Soak matzos in water until softened.