Plantain sandwich. Enjoy a homemade jibarito sandwich with smashed fried plantain. This recipe tops roast beef with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. Jibaritos are a sandwich that uses two fried plantains instead of bread.
This breadless sandwich is all vegan NO MEAT. This is called a Jibarito sandwich in Spanish and is a Puerto Rican sandwich. Ripe plantain sandwiches are tasty and aromatic. You can cook Plantain sandwich using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plantain sandwich
- It’s of Plantain peeled and cubed.
- Prepare of Onion diced.
- Prepare of Green bell pepper chopped.
- It’s of Red bell pepper chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s cube of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of Toasted bread.
They are hearty snacks that can be made in a jiffy. We often make spicy sandwiches, but sweet sandwiches are rare and unique. This is the steak I used. The knife cuts easily through the steak.
Plantain sandwich step by step
- Season plantain with salt and fry.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onion, add green and red bell pepper..
- Cook the vegetable till translucent, add the plantain and season.
- Crack eggs,add black pepper and stir..
- Keep stirring till egg is cooked..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange in toast and serve warm..
This Chicken Plantain Sandwich recipe with a peanut butter gravy is finger licking West African street food at Chicken Plantain Sandwich – Sierra Leone Flavours. This Venezuelan specialty is sandwiched between two slices of crispy fried plantain. Put a twist on the classic steak sandwich by swapping out bread for some crispy plantains! Replace Boring Bread With Crispy Plantains To Make The Ultimate Steak Sandwich. Jibarito – Plantain Sandwich recipe: In Puerto Rico, "jibaro" is a reference to the islands rural, agrarian population.