Noodles and plantain frittata. This is yet another way to put some fun into your noodles. Cook differently as the Lord directs Hello everyone and welcome to my channel. I'm Osawere Winifred I post videos randomly as the Lord directs.
It is one of the many traditional breakfasts found throughout West Africa. But the high calories from frying plantains and eggs would always make me sluggish; not getting my motor running in every possible way. This plantain frittata calls for ripe plantain which is slowly simmered in a herby and cheesy egg mixture for a nutrient-dense & healthy breakfast.. . You can cook Noodles and plantain frittata using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Noodles and plantain frittata
- Prepare 120 g of pack noodles.
- You need 4 of medium eggs.
- You need 2 of ripe plantains.
- It’s 5 of small tomatoes.
- You need of Scotch bonnet chillies (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying the plantain.
I remember the first time I decided to try my hands at eating plantain again after my diabetes diagnosis. This plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe. The sweetness of the plantains pairs so well with the savoriness of the eggs and other Plantain Frittata, however, was not a popular West African breakfast while I was growing up. A few years back I saw pictures of this meal pop up in.
Noodles and plantain frittata instructions
- First prep your ingredients; wash and chop your tomatoes and chillies, slice your onions thinly. Wash and peel your plantains and cut into your desired size..
- Add noodles to about 1.5 glasses of boiling water; cook for 2 minutes. Add the seasoning and chilli powder contained in the pack of noodles, along with your turmeric powder. Cook for one more minute and set aside..
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a pan and add your plantains in small batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry on both sides for 3-4 mins or until slightly brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel..
- Set another pan over medium heat and add your olive oil. Sauté your onions in the oil for about a min or until translucent, add your tomatoes and chillies and fry for a further 2-3 mins. Turn off heat and leave to cool..
- Break your eggs into a bowl, add the fried tomatoes along with some salt and mix together..
- Coat a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Spread your noodles around the base of the pan and pour the egg mixture over it. Lay the fried plantains gently over the egg mixture; place a lid over the pan and set over low heat. Cook for 10-15mins or until the egg is completely firmed up. Turn off the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving..
Plantain frittata serving tip: Because of the addition of the plantains, these frittatas are better eaten warm. Thank you for reading my Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra. Adding Hokkien noodles to frittata is a tasty way to bulk up your mixture, try adding broccoli, sweet potato and green beans as well. Prepare noodles following packet instructions or until just tender.