Plantain and Ham Frittata. This dish is one of the easiest breakfast recipe you can think of.kids love it, adults love it and I am pretty certain that you will love it too! How to make plantain and egg frittata *plantain pizza ?? Learn how to make Plantain and Egg Frittata.
The sweetness of the plantains pairs so well with the savoriness of the eggs and other Plantain Frittata, however, was not a popular West African breakfast while I was growing up. A few years back I saw pictures of this meal pop up in. This plantain frittata calls for ripe plantain which is slowly simmered in a herby and cheesy egg mixture for a nutrient-dense & healthy breakfast.. . You can cook Plantain and Ham Frittata using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plantain and Ham Frittata
- It’s of Plantain x1.
- Prepare 4 slices of Ham -.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Spinach.
- It’s 1 of large clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- You need of Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 of large Tomatoes.
- You need of Parmasean.
I remember the first time I decided to try my hands at eating plantain again after my diabetes diagnosis. Ham and Spinach Frittata is a snap to assemble, quick to bake, and can be adapted to add in your favorite fillings! We love making homemade frittata for Frittata is a very versatile recipe and you can add any combination of ingredients you'd like! This easy frittata recipe can even be made into.
Plantain and Ham Frittata instructions
- Dice garlic. Chop spinach and tomatoes. Whisk eggs. Slice ham into medium size cubes. Whisk eggs and milk (in a slow circular motion…trust me you don't want be cleaning up!) with oregano, salt, pepper and thyme and set aside..
- 1. In pan, heat vegetable oil and fry plantain to taste, set aside on a paper toweled plate..
- 2. In a skillet, fry the ham on both sides for about 5 minutes (leave some aside for topping later). Once fried, remove the ham onto a paper toweled plate to drain leaving a teaspoon of the fat in the skillet..
- 2. Preheat oven at 150 degrees..
- 3. Fry the garlic until transparent and then add the tomatoes and spinach, fry until the spinach has wilted a little..
- 4. Add the egg and milk mixture and fry undisturbed on low heat for about 5 minutes, the place fried plantain in around the egg mixture, use a fork to press the plantain into the egg mixture and leave to fry undisturbed for further 5 minutes until the edges of the omelette are set..
- Done. Once edges are set, place skillet in the oven for 10 minutes, increasing the heat to 165 degrees. After 10 minutes or when the top has browned, remove the skillet from the oven and top with remaining ham and grated parmesan (if desired)..
- Don't forget to SNAP & TAG @fakeawaylagos on instagram to show us your how your frittata.
Easy and delicious, this hearty dish's been appreciated whenever I've served it.breakfast, lunch or dinner. Reheated or cold, the leftovers are also great! But our back windows look out at mountains, farms, horses. Plantain frittata serving tip: Because of the addition of the plantains, these frittatas are better eaten warm. Thank you for reading my Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe post.