Plantain frittata. This dish is one of the easiest breakfast recipe you can think of.kids love it, adults love it and I am pretty certain that you will love it too! This plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe. The sweetness of the plantains pairs so well with the savoriness of the eggs and other ingredients.
No one will ever guess that this nutritious, mouthwatering breakfast frittata is lighter! Plantain makes it hearty, and the. Enjoy this scrumptious frittata for any meal of the day! You can cook Plantain frittata using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plantain frittata
- You need 3 of medium sized ripe plantain.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of hot dogs or 4 small sized sausages.
- Prepare 3 of medium sized tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of green pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dry pepper.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- It’s 1 of stock cube.
- It’s of ¹/² tsp of curry.
- It’s of ¹/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
This will make it easy to grab the skin of the plantains. Slit a shallow line down the long seam of the plantain, peel only as deep as the peel. This plantain frittata calls for ripe plantain which is slowly simmered in a herby and cheesy egg mixture for a nutrient-dense & healthy breakfast. Plantain frittata is packed with goodness, great for children and adults.
Plantain frittata instructions
- Peel and dice plantain into tiny round shapes and sprinkle with salt. Heat oil in a pan and fry the plantain until they are golden or brown. Drain from the oil and set aside..
- Place and empty pan on a gas, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to it, add onions and sauté for 1 minute. Add sausage and stir fry for few minutes, followed with bell peppers and tomatoes.. Season with curry, thyme, dry pepper, 1 stock cube and a pinch of salt to taste and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in another bowl, transfer the content in the frying pan into the egg..
- 6. Place an empty pan on the gas, spray with cooking spray to coat the inside of the pan. Pour the egg mixture or the filling into the coated pan and level it. Arrange the fried plantain round the pan until it takes the shape of the pan..
- Add few bell peppers stripes for a pop of colour, cover the lid and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until it begins to set and cake nicely. Take it off heat once it has set. Your plantain and egg frittata is ready for breakfast..
- Enjoy 😋😋😋.
Here is an easy recipe you can follow to make for you and your family. You will LOVE this Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe! Leftover plantains are paired with eggs, chives and spring onion to make a great addition to any grab-and-go moment. Plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe you should try. It is different, easy to prepare and of course very delicious.