Pepper Frittata with Fried Plantains and Vegetables (Vegetarian). Cilantro Chicken Fajitas with Fried Plantains – a healthy, easy paleo and gluten-free meal that is perfect for weeknights Juicy, flavorful cilantro chicken fajitas are paired with vegetables and pan-fried plantains. Duxelles and a Terrific Vegetarian Alternative to Beef Wellington. Vegetable frittata is a great way to use up leftover vegetables to make an easy inexpensive vegetarian meal that works for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
Ceramic bowl with vegetable frittata, simple vegetarian food. Vegetable oil for frying the plantain. Wash ripe plantain thoroughly and peel off the skin. You can have Pepper Frittata with Fried Plantains and Vegetables (Vegetarian) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pepper Frittata with Fried Plantains and Vegetables (Vegetarian)
- Prepare of Frittata.
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- You need 2-3 of Small Peppers (either hot or sweet, I used chilli peppers).
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Herbs and Spices.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- You need Half of a Red Onion.
- You need 2-3 of Okra Pods.
- It’s 5 of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Plantains.
- It’s 1 of Medium Plantain.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- It’s of For the whole dish.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
In a mixing bowl, cut the plantain into preferred shape and size, sprinkle salt to taste and mix Layered up and ready to go into the oven. I garnished with some bell peppers to give it a pop of colour. Easy vegetable vegan frittata recipe that's creamy and soft in the middle, packed with vegetables and delicious! Vegan Frittata is a great way to use up leftover vegetables to make an easy inexpensive vegan meal that works for breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
Pepper Frittata with Fried Plantains and Vegetables (Vegetarian) step by step
- For the plantain, cover a frying pan with olive oil and chop the plantain slightly diagonally into pellets (see picture). Fry them over medium-high heat until they turn golden-brown. Be sure to flip them to fry both sides. When you're done, put the plantains on a paper sheet to absorb the oil. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the frittata, crack open two eggs into a bowl and whisk them. Add salt and pepper, as well as herbs and spices (I recommend a herb mix, chilli flakes or powder, chives). Put some olive oil into a small pot and heat it up. Chop the peppers and the garlic and add it to the pot. When they soften up a bit, add the eggs from the bowl. Don't stir it and fry until the entire egg is firm (not runny). When you're done, put a plate on top of the pot and turn it over to get the frittata out..
- For the vegetables, coat a pan with olive oil and heat it up. Chop up the okra (round, medium size, as displayed on the photo), tomatoes (halves) and onion (rings). Add the okra to the pan first and fry over high heat. When it becomes soft and turns slighlty yellow-brown, add the tomatoes and onions. Fry for a little bit more and turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve the dish and decorate with chives. Enjoy your meal! 🙂.
I'm not sure what took me so long to get on the frittata bandwagon, but now that I'm starting to get the hang of making them, I finally understand This variation with tender bits of potato, silky red peppers, and creamy Gouda cheese is one of our favorites! Our vegetarian and vegan frittata uses tofu instead of eggs and nutritional yeast provides a tangy Make a recipe for a baked vegetarian and vegan frittata with tofu instead of eggs. Frittata with potatoes and spinach Refried beans with chile serrano Fresh fruit salad with honey-limón dressing Avocado Biscuits Fresh-squeezed OJ Coffee. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains. But the creativity of cooks doesn't consist of just fried plantains, there are dozens of dishes ranging from sweet to savory that use plantains as their main ingredient.