Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method). Then look no further, these baked plantains and eggs should be right up your alley. No one will ever guess that this nutritious, mouthwatering breakfast frittata is lighter! Plantain makes it hearty, and the eggs and veggies pile on color and wonderful flavor.
You will LOVE this Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe! Leftover plantains are paired with eggs, chives and spring onion to Thank you for reading my Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes. You can cook Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method)
- It’s 2 packs of noodles.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 1 of ripe plantain.
- Prepare 1 of small onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 2 of medium-sized tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 of scotch bonnet peppers.
- It’s of Green and red bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped carrots and green beans.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
Plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe you should try. It is different, easy to prepare and of course very delicious. Don't just fry your plantain and eggs separately, try this recipe! It includes chicken sausage which gives it a meaty texture and it also includes a fair share of veggies.
Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) instructions
- Peel and cut the plantain into circular shapes and fry till golden brown. Set aside..
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in frying pan, add the onions, stir for some time, add the tomatoes..
- Sautée for 5 minutes, add the thyme, scotch bonnet peppers, one of the seasoning packs that comes with the noodles and the chopped carrots and green beans. Mix well and keep aside..
- Place the noodles in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes to soften it..
- Sieve, add the remaining seasoning and mix well..
- Brush a baking pan with a tablespoon of oil to avoid sticking to the pan and place the noodles..
- Whisk the eggs with sautéed vegetables, pour on top of the noodles..
- Arrange the fried plantains on top, then top of of with the sliced green and red bell peppers..
- Bake in a preheated pot with a rack on a medium heat (or oven) for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set..
- Run a knife along the edges and remove in a plate..
- Serve while still warm..
- NOTE: 1. Your choice of Toppings can range from mixed peppers, onions, plantain, ham, sausage, fish, chicken, beef, etc. 2. You can also use the frying method, just pour everything in your frying pan, cover and place on low to medium heat till the egg is set..
In my recipe, you'll learn how to make traditional frittatas using the stovetop-to-oven skillet method. I made sure to use a reasonable oven temperature (not the broiler) and suggest cooking the frittata on the middle rack, so you can watch it while it cooks. Layer the baked plantains and sprinkle the parsley in the baking pan. Frittatas have saved me on more hungry weeknights than I care to count. Let me tell you, there is nothing better than diving into a plate of steaming veggie-filled eggs.