Christmas baklava. Visit the website for more baking and dessert ideas. Baklava is a beloved dessert – Greek or Turkish depending on which historical accounts you believe – and the following Christmas Baklava is perfect for Christmas dinners and cookie trays. Download Christmas baklava stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Your life in the kitchen is not complete, if you never. This vegetarian Christmas main can be easily doubled in size if you have a crowd to feed – just use a larger baking tray. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. You can have Christmas baklava using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas baklava
- It’s 1 kg of ground walnuts.
- It’s 1 kg of filo pastry.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of bit of nutmeg.
- It’s 250 g of clarified butter.
- You need of cloves.
- Prepare of for the syrup.
- Prepare 1 kg of sugar.
- You need 2 of vanillins.
- It’s half of a lemon washed well.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. View top rated Christmas baklava recipes with ratings and reviews. Almond Baklava (Baklavas Me Amygdala), Baked Christmas Alaska, Cashew Baklava, etc. I can find no other version of this on the net.
Christmas baklava step by step
- Place the walnuts, nutmeg and sugar in a bowl and mix well..
- Place 3 pieces of filo on a large tray without buttering them. On the third filo sprinkle a few spoonfuls of the walnut mix. Keep on layering filo/ filling till they are finished. Take care so that the last three pieces of filo are left without filling..
- Cut in pieces and stick a clove on each piece..
- Melt the butter, let it come to boil and add it by spoonfuls on the sweet especially over the parts that you have cut..
- Bake the sweet in the oven at 150°C for 2 hours. When it is done let it cool for a while and then top it with the syrup that you've boiled for 5 minutes..
When the Baklava is ready to come out of the oven. Remove the peel and immediately spoon over the syrup. Baklava pastry recipe, layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Baklava is a layered Middle Eastern dessert that alternates layers of crispy filo dough with layers of One year at Christmas time, I found myself in her kitchen with all of the ingredients to make my own.