Persian Jeweled Rice.
You can cook Persian Jeweled Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Persian Jeweled Rice
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 4 T of butter (divided).
- Prepare 2 T of sugar (divided).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Gran Marnier (divided).
- Prepare 1 T of cardamon.
- You need 1/4 t of tumeric.
- It’s 1/4 t of salt.
- You need of Small onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted pistachios.
- Prepare of Carrot stock.
Persian Jeweled Rice instructions
- Make rice per rice directions, using carrot stock instead of water. Add 2T butter, 1 T sugar, cardamon, tumeric, 1/8 cup Gran Marnier, and salt to pot..
- Make fruit & nut mix. Soak raisins and cranberries in hot water with 1T sugar disolved. Let sit at least 10 minutes. Saute onions over 1T butter. Once soft, add plumped raisins and cranberries, pistachios, and 1/8 C Gran Marnier. Cook off liquid..
- Stir fruit & nut mix into rice once rice is cooked..
- Melt 1 T butter in saute pan over med high heat. Fry rice in pan like scrambled eggs, turning and stiring once bottom begins to brown..