Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad. Kinpira Gobo is a simple Japanese stir fry vegetable dish with braised carrot & burdock root cooked in soy sauce. Kinpira Gobo is a traditional Japanese dish often enjoyed at home and you might be familiar with it since it's typically served in bento box from Japanese markets. Stir-fried burdock root is a traditional Japanese dish.
Kinpira gobo is braised burdock root. Kinpira is usually referred to as a way of cooking vegetables. It is when something is sauteed and simmered or braised in sake, mirin and soy sauce base sauce. You can cook Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad
- You need 1 of Burdock.
- You need 50 g of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Red chili pepper.
- It’s of (Seasonings).
- You need 1 Tbs of Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Sweet sake.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Some white sesame.
Burdock is a root that when shaved has a pleasantly crunchy texture with a sweet flavor and floral scent. In this recipe, it is sautéed in sesame oil and then topped with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Kinpira Gobo is a traditional Japanese dish often enjoyed at home, typically served in a bento box. Kinpira means a cooking style that you stir fry and simmer with sugar and soy sauce.
Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad instructions
- Wash a burdock and the carrot by running water and brush. The ratio of burdock and carrot is 3 to 1 would be better..
- Cut to shredding a burdock and the carrot, Slice a red chili pepper without seeds. I will show you how to cut burdock for difference of texture on my cooking video..
- Soak the burdock into water in the bowl for 5 min (to remove the scum) then drain it later..
- Pour some canola oil in a pan, add red chili pepper with low heat till spicy comes out. Change to highest heat and add burdock and carrot..
- When the burdock cooks add seasonings except sesame oil, keep heating till the sauce is getting low. When the sauce is low pour sesame oil on top and wait 5 seconds then turn off heat. Put some sesame seeds and done..
- You can watch this cooking video → 「Coozy Life burdock」on my YouTube channel ! Have a nice your cooking time guys..
The most common ingredients used for Kinpira is gobo (burdock root) and carrot, but lotus root is another. Braised Burdock (Kinpira Gobō) is a vegetable side dish. Burdock root and carrot are cut into matchsticks and cooked in slightly sweet soy sauce. I need to call it Kinpira Gobō instead of Braised Burdock throughout this blog because it just doesn't sound right for me and if I use the English name. Kinpira Gobo is braised burdock root seasoned with soy sauce, sake and sugar.