Baklava with pistachios. This Pistachio Baklava is one remarkable ending to the most special meal, whether in Ramadan or any time of the year. I have made baklava before in ways that stray far from tradition. This Turkish-style baklava tastes deeply and richly of pistachio nuts and butter, without the spices, honey or aromatics found in other versions.
This Baklava recipe reigns from Turkey were the best pistachios in. Then set the pistachios aside and allow them. The Baklava with Pistachios recipe out of our category Filo Dough! You can have Baklava with pistachios using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baklava with pistachios
- Prepare 40 sheets of filo pastry.
- You need 500 g of butter, I use the one in the glass jar.
- It’s 300 g of pistachios (from Aegina).
- Prepare of Ingredients for the syrup.
- You need 650 g of sugar.
- It’s 400 g of water.
- You need 80 g of glucose syrup.
Among its ingredients is pistachio which is cultivated in Gaziantep and which is also known as "gray pistachio". Baklava; image from Ozlem's Turkish Table cookery book, by Sian Irvine Photography. An Ottoman legacy, baklava is one of the greatest creations from the pastry chefs at the Topkapi Palace. Baklava pastry recipe, layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios.
Baklava with pistachios instructions
- Melt the butter but don't let it brown..
- Blend the pistachios in the blender into powder (if they are coarsely blended the baklava filo sheets will not stick together)..
- Line an oblog baking tray of 30×45 cm with butter (you can use a baking tray in the dimensions that you have just make sure that it is relatively large) and spread out half the filo sheets brushing each one with butter..
- Spread out the pistachios all over the baking tray and cover with the 20 remaining filo sheets brushing one by one with butter..
- Place the baking tray into the fridge to cool so you can cut the pieces..
- Cut into small square pieces, sprinkle with a little water so that they don't lift up while baking and bake in a very slow oven at 130-140οC for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Remove from the oven and pour the syrup over it, hot..
- To make the syrup, boil the sugar, water and glucose syrup for 3 minutes (count 3 minutes from the moment it starts to boil)..
Please welcome Simply Recipes guest author Garrett McCord who brought us. The best traditional Greek Baklava recipe! A classic Baklava dessert with layers of phyllo, walnuts and honey to amaze your I must admit that my personal favourite is walnuts mixed with pistachios. Baklava with pistachio. turkish traditional delight. Turkish Ramadan Dessert Baklava with concept background.