Meatball Stroganoff. Beef meatballs are simmered in a savory sauce of mushroom soup and sour cream in this quick stroganoff that makes for a comforting meal. Reviews for: Photos of Quick Meatball Stroganoff. This is one of my most loved, old recipes from my mother.
Serve sautéed Broccolini, spinach, or Brussels sprouts alongside this. Comfort food the whole family will love! These delicious turkey meatballs are simmered in a sour cream mushroom sauce, they are SO good! You can cook Meatball Stroganoff using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball Stroganoff
- It’s of FOR MEATBALLS.
- You need of ground meatloaf mix, which is a, mix of ground beef, pork and veal.
- It’s of fine minced onion.
- You need of minced garlic.
- Prepare of grated mixed cheese, I used parmesan, romano and asiago.
- Prepare of fresh bread crumbs.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- It’s of beaten egg.
- It’s of dryed thyme.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need of FOR SAUCE.
- Prepare of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of brandy, optinal but adds alot of flavor.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
- You need of soft butter mixed with 2 tablespoons flour to blend well..
- Prepare of bow tie pasta, or your favorite pasta cooked and drained.
Meatballs Stroganoff is a delicious twist on a family favorite – meatballs! If you follow along, you already know that my daughter will try just about anything in the form of a meatball. Meatball Stroganoff is one of our favorite weeknight meals. Meatballs seem to be a bit easier for kids to eat than traditional steak stroganoff and my kids actually like it more.
Meatball Stroganoff step by step
- MAKE MEATBALLS.
- In a small bowl mix fresh bread crumbs and heavy cream to a soft paste, set aside.
- Combine remaining meatball ingredients add soaked bread and any liquid if remaining. mix well, mixture will be quite soft. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to a day in advance. This makes for easier meatball forming..
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375.
- Form meat mixture into 11/2 inche balls, place on baking sheet, without touching each other. Bake for 30 minutes.
- MAKE SAUCE.
- In very large skillet or dutch oven film bottom with olive oil, add mushrooms, shallots and garlic, cover and cook on medium until, ushrooms give off their liquid, uncover and cook a few minutes until light golden. Add brandy off heat, return to heat and carefully reduce until almost all gone. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and hot sauce, bring to a boil, add cooked meatballs, cover lower heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, add sour cream, mix well, add parsley, simmer on low 5 minutes. At this point if you want the sauce thicker add pea size bits of butter/flour mixture adding only enough to get to desired thickness..
- Serve over bow tie pasta. Great with a green salad..
You'll be shocked this flavorful, one-pot meatball stroganoff for two calls for so few ingredients. MORE+ LESS This homemade beef meatball stroganoff can easily be adapted to dairy free. With the best creamy sauce made from scratch and frozen meatballs, it's a quick cooking comfort dish that the whole family. Creamy meatball stroganoff in the crock pot that the whole family will love. "Easy, creamy crock pot meatball stroganoff recipe. Meatballs are slow-cooked in a creamy homemade sour cream celery.