Lentil and Sausage Soup. Place sausage in a large pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Add onion, celery and chopped garlic, and saute until tender and translucent.
In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and crumble sausage; return to Dutch oven along with remaining ingredients except mustard. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. You can have Lentil and Sausage Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and Sausage Soup
- Prepare of green lentils.
- You need of Italian sausage.
- You need of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare of fire roasted pepper, diced.
- It’s of celery stalk, diced.
- You need of carrot, grated.
- Prepare of zucchini, quartered and sliced.
- You need of Roma tomatos, diced.
- Prepare of veal (or chicken) stock.
- It’s of garlic, pressed.
- You need of fennel seeds.
- It’s of dried red chili, minced.
- It’s of dried Italian herbs.
- Prepare of TT salt and pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of water.
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add kielbasa, chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, lentils, and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Remove vegetables from the pan and add the Italian sausage, removed from the casing, to the pan. In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil.
Lentil and Sausage Soup step by step
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and dried chili flakes and sautee until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add and brown sausage. Remove from pot and drain, reserving 1 tbsp of drippings.
- Return reserved drippings to pot with the onion, roasted pepper, celery, and sautee approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrot, and herbs to pot and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add sausage and remaining ingredients with enough water to fill pot 2 inches from top and bring to a boil.
- After 30 minutes, place 2 cups of soup in a food processor, pulse until smooth, and return to pot. Reduce until desired consistency.
Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Heat the EVOO in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until browned. Add the garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, carrots, onions and potatoes and.