Yam and plantain stirfry. How to make Yam and Plantain pottage. Yam and Plantain Pottage is a lovely twist to the popular Nigerian dish: Yam pottage(Asaro). Now, most Yam and Plantain Pottage recipes do not require Tomato stew, they only call for Palm oil but I prefer to add Tomato stew as it makes it richer and tastier.
Throw in the plantain and fry away! This stir-fry recipe is a Keralite way of cooking plantain. The dish is actually called Vazhakka Thoran. You can cook Yam and plantain stirfry using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yam and plantain stirfry
- You need of Yam (depending on yawan mutane).
- Prepare of Plantain.
- You need 1 of med size carrots.
- Prepare 2 of g/beans.
- You need 1 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- You need of Spring onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soysauce.
Don't forget to subscribe to my page and drop your comments and suggestions below. Yam Porridge with plantain is an incredibly rich and tasty one pot meal, and as the name implies the recipe is basically made with porridge and plantains, seasoned with salt and fortified with spinach and dry fish. We stir fried the tomatoes, pepper, onion, seasoning cubes and dried catfish in oil till a bit dry and fragrant. We added the yam and Covered the pot till the yam boiled really well, checked, stirred gently before adding the ripe plantains and some salt to taste before.
Yam and plantain stirfry step by step
- Peel the yam and quarter into cubes. Sprinkle seasoning cube not salt🙄 and fry till soft (I add water when frying to make it soft).
- Chop the plantain into cubes and also fry until golden.
- Chop all ur veggies, drizzle some oil add all ur veggies and stir fry 4 2mins, add the yam, plantain and soysauce and stir (can add a seasoning cube) cover and allow it to cook on a blue flame 🔥.
Plantain stem is rich in fibre. Fiber is an integral part of a healthy diet and has many health benefits. An easy plantain stir-fry to add to your plantain recipes or broccoli recipes. The quantities in this stir-fry recipe is a guide. You can ignore the fish and make this as a plantain and broccoli stir-fry if wanting to serve this to vegetarians.