Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve the joffol with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains.
Nigerian jollof rice is probably one of the most talked about dishes from Nigeria in any part of the world where it has been eaten. But the normal jollof rice we have at home is moderately spiced and of course quite tasty as well. People do argue that the best reason why the party rice is always preferred. You can cook Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩 using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩
- It’s 2 pieces of plantain.
- It’s 1 cup of perboiled rice.
- Prepare 2 of scotch pepper.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatos.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of big green pepper.
- It’s of Some green beans.
- Prepare of Some peas.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tea spoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of maggi.
- You need of Curry & thyme.
The first food I ever cooked was boiled long grain rice. It was to be eaten with obe ata or red pepper stew, colloquially know as red stew, which my aunt had prepared earlier that week. Jollof rice, or jollof (/ˈdʒɒləf/), also known as benachin in Wolof ('one pot'), is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, The Gambia, Senegal, Cameroon. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Jollof rice, fried plantain & pepper meat🥩 step by step
- Crush the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions add them into a pot & fry with 1 serving spoon oil then add in a little water that can easily soften the rice then add in the maggi, salt, curry & thyme then allow to boil..
- When it boils you add in the perboiled rice together with the green beans, green pepper, peas & carrots stir well & allow to cook until the rice is well soften & the water is drained then serve..
- For the plantain you peel it cut into pieces & fry in hot oil until golden brown the remove from heat plate it & serve. The recipe for the pepper meat is below👇🏻.
I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL). Jollof rice is a spicy, traditional dish of West African origin. While it is prepared differently in various countries, this article outlines the steps of making Nigerian-style Jollof rice. Serve with fried plantain and your choice of meat, if desired. Jollof rice is also served with salad or fried plantain called dodo in the Yoruba language.