Beans and fried plantain. Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantains and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty!
Beef kebab with rice, beans and fried plantains. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains. HOW TO PICK A PLANTAIN FOR FRYING: I. You can have Beans and fried plantain using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beans and fried plantain
- You need 4 cups of beans.
- Prepare 5 of fingers of ripe plantain.
- You need 2 of big onion.
- Prepare 5 of fresh tomatoes.
- You need of fresh/dry pepper.
- It’s of maggi.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of red oil.
- It’s of groundnut oil.
- Prepare of grounded crayfish.
To prepare plantains as a dessert, you need to let your bananas ripen until they look black, like the ones in the picture above. Caribbean black beans spiked with fresh pineapple and a delicious oven "fried" plantain that tastes as good as any fried plantain. But my plantains came out perfectly-sweet and soft on the inside and a tiny bit crispy on the outside-and I think the lower temperature is less likely to result in burned. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor.
Beans and fried plantain instructions
- Cook for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Pick your beans, wash into a pot, add water n set,allow to boil untill it gets soft.
- Then add 1 big onion, pepper, salt and maggi to taste.
- Then set your frying pan and add red oil, when its hot add sliced onion and fresh tomatoes, allow to fry n add crayfish to it n 1 maggi and stir, then pour it into the pot of beans and stir till its well mixed…
- Set another frying pan add groundnut oil, when its hot, add sliced ripe plantain and fry till light brown and set aside.
- Now your beans and fried plantain is ready, now serve with a little sprinkle of your fried oil.
And yes, I'm referring to the TJs that is Taco John's. I grew up in small town Minnesota, okay? Cook the beans: Sauté bacon with canola oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. For example, in the South American country of Guyana, fried ripe plantains are traditionally served with one of their national dishes, cook-up rice (rice, beans, and meat cooked with coconut milk).