Overripe plantain & Beans moi-moi. I am super excited to bring you guys this recipe, I created it about two weeks ago because I had lots of excess plantains at home. Fortunately, overripe plantains open up a whole new range of possibilities for this member of the banana family. Two overripe plantains will yield one large or two small loaf pans of bread.
It's either half ripe or unripe. Plantain Mosa is overripe plantains mashed and mixed with other ingredients then deep-fried in vegetable oil. This version of Plantain Mosa is similar to Nigerian Puff Puff. You can have Overripe plantain & Beans moi-moi using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Overripe plantain & Beans moi-moi
- You need 3 of medium over-ripe plantain.
- Prepare 2 cups of beans flour.
- It’s 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of medium Red Bell peppers (tatashe).
- It’s 5 of red chili peppers (shombo).
- You need 3 of Scotch bonnet peppers(rodo).
- Prepare 2 of medium sized onions.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of blended crayfish.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mixed spices.
- It’s of Salt and seasoning (to taste).
- It’s 2 cups of water.
Plantain Pancakes- Rich, tender, & delicious Plantain Pancakes, like pancakes but … Plantain Bread- Want to add another recipe to your overripe plantain repertoire? … Just wondering if anyone had any tricks of the trade to use them up. I've searched around a bit, and all I've found is "Plantain Moi Moi" using unripe plantain flour and crayfish, which neither I have. These juicy baked plantains are a delight, they are sweet, melt in your mouth and healthy. Baked in the oven compared to traditional frying, this is comfort food at its best, served as a side, dessert or snack.
Overripe plantain & Beans moi-moi step by step
- Peel plantain and cut into small bits(I cut mine and preserved in the freezer till I was ready to use it).
- Boil 3 out of the 4 eggs and allow cool.
- Blend the plantain with 2 out of the 3 bell peppers, the Chilli peppers, scotch bonnet, and one onion.
- Pour out the blended plantain mix into a big clean bowl, add in the crayfish, mixed spice, some salt and seasoning and 1 egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the Beans flour and vegetable oil and also incorporate. Add in 2 cups of water thereafter.
- Chop the remaining bell pepper, onion and carrots and add in.
- Mix all thoroughly and and wrap in already washed etere leaves or plates then cook for 30minutes (or till done).
- Serve warm (I had mine with Guinea corn pap) 😘👌👍.
Picking plantains is less about whether they can be used than it is about how you plan to use them. Bananas and plantains form a large family, with hundreds of closely related subspecies. How To Make Plantain Fritters- Avoid food waste & Save Money. This plantain recipe is so easy to make and a great snack idea for both children and. We didn't know we could do a lot with plantain until @Tspiceskitchen, a food stylist showed us how to.