Porridge beans and plantain. Hi everybody This video is about me sharing with you guys how I make my beans and plantain porridge. This is one of my favourite recipes. There are a lot of delicious beans recipes and plantain recipes out there.
Beans Porridge is a delicacy in Nigeria, it is one of those Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian. I really like the taste of porridge beans especially when it is made with ripe plantain, I only learned recently to fry the plantain instead of the old way of adding them to the cooking beans. Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. You can cook Porridge beans and plantain using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Porridge beans and plantain
- Prepare 3 cup of beans.
- You need 4 of finger plantain.
- You need 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Prepare 7 of fresh pepper(blended).
- You need 1 of onion bulb (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of maggi cube.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Anara leaf sliced.
Discover how you can begin to love beans. Beans known as Ewa to the Yorubas are unpopular staple foods because it is associated with bloating, flatulence and indigestion. And your Beans and Plantain Porridge is ready. You can eat it as it is or topped with tomato stew, or simply serve with bread.
Porridge beans and plantain step by step
- Wash and boil beans till tender with pressure pot 20min.Rewash beans and keep it aside..
- Peel plantain and boil for 10min.Put a dry pot on heat,add palm oil,onions and pepper stir for 3min..
- Then pour the boiled beans,maggi,salt then stir, cut boiled plantain into bits and add.Mix everything together allow for 3min..
- Then serve in a plate and add sliced Anara leaf..
Beans porridge is a very healthy and simple dish to prepare; this is a very popular staple food in Nigeria, there are so many ways to make beans Some other healthy and easy to find vegetables can be added to garnish beans porridge. You can add fish, beef or seafood to your bean and plantain. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish.