Spicy mashed beans with fried plantain. Fried plantains like kelewele show up all over the world like in Nigeria (called dodo), South America and the Caribbean, and Asia, but this recipe is ALL Plantains are an excellent source of potassium and some pretty good proteins. Some criticize kelewele as being too oily, but one can minimize the oil. A satisfying and quick plant-based, gluten-free meal!
Some people prepare it to accompany every meal For excellent fried ripe plantains, you'll want to choose a plantain that has a dull yellow skin with patches of black or completely black—this. Number one breakfast protein is egg, so why not spice it up a bit. In today's video I will be showing you how to make an omelette and we will be. You can cook Spicy mashed beans with fried plantain using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy mashed beans with fried plantain
- You need of Beans.
- You need of Fresh scotch bonnet and madam jeanette pepper.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion.
- It’s of Ripe plantain.
- Prepare of Veg oil.
- It’s of Red palm oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Maggi.
A plate of mashed beans with diced fried plantain, red palm oil stew and Agege bread. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor. One last thing: I am working on my rice and beans recipe but today I just wanted to focus on the fried plantains. The Best Mashed Plantains Recipes on Yummly
Spicy mashed beans with fried plantain step by step
- Pick and sort the beans clean.
- Put water to a pot and boil.
- Washed your picked or sorted beans.
- Pour the beans in the boiling water and cover the pot to allow the beans cook till it's well cooked and soft to eat..
- Cut and wash your pepper and onions, grind manually or by blender to get your desired outcome and place aside..
- Add red palm oil to the already cooked and soft beans still on the cooker, leave it covered for about 7mins so the oil can cook well and integrate in the beans..
- After 7minutes of cooking with oil, add your blended pepper and onion mix, add salt and Maggie to taste, stir and cover for another 10 minutes max and your beans is done and ready to eat..
- For your fried plantain, peel and cut the plantain to your desired sizes, sprinkle a little salt over it and set aside..
- Place frypan on the cooker and add vegetable oil leave it till it's hot enough to fry, add your plantain in the oil and keep an eye on it till it's fried golden brown, voila ! It's ready to serve and eat.
- Bon appetite!.
Mangú (mashed Plantains), Plantain Mash, Spicy Mashed Matoke (plantains). Puerto Rican Fried Plantains With Seitan [Vegan]One Green Planet. A sweet and spicy version of the fried banana fritters is deep-fried and added with spices to perfection. Preparation With a small sharp knife cut ends from each plantain and halve crosswise. These scrumptious recipes are more than just fried plantain side dishes, ranging from breakfast hashes to burritos, stews and curries, snacks.