Beans and plantain porridge with sent leaf. Unripe plantain porridge can be mashed and given to babies being introduced to solids. A handful shred Ugu, uziza vegetables or scent leaves. Nigerian Plantain Porridge Recipe. plantain porridge is easy to make, Learn how I made this plus all the ingredients used for making a delicious meal out of plantain.
Add the scent herbs or leaves and stir accurately. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Stir in the spinach, ugu leaf or other greens and salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Beans and plantain porridge with sent leaf using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beans and plantain porridge with sent leaf
- It’s 1 of big cup honey beans.
- It’s 1 handful of crayfish grounded.
- Prepare 8 pieces of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 7 pieces of fresh pepper blended.
- It’s 2 of big onions sliced.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh sent leaf shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of ripe plantain cut in cubes.
- Prepare of Fresh fish fried.
- Prepare 2 of Seasonings.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea salt to salt.
Additional Ingredients: As with many stews, plantain porridge can be varied according to your taste and what you have on hand. Unripe Plantain Porridge gives you all the benefits of cooking plantain in its most nutritional form. Learn how you can include this meal in your weekly Before you cook Unripe Plantain Porridge. Wash, peel and cut up the plantain as shown.
Beans and plantain porridge with sent leaf step by step
- Pick the beans and remove all dirt.
- Put enough water to cook the beans on fire.
- Wash the beans inside the boiling water,add some of the onions and cover to cook until a little tender.
- Add the platinum,salt and seasoning.
- When very soft,put the oil in a pan and heat.
- Add the onions,tomatoes and pepper stir fry until a little brown.
- Add the crayfish and stir fry too.
- Pure the fried tomatoes to the beans and continue cooking for 5minutes.
- Add the sent leaf last.
- Use the fried fish to garnish.
- Serve warm.
Rinse and cut the pumpkin leaves into small pieces. Beans porridge is a very healthy and simple dish to prepare; this is a very popular staple food in Nigeria, there are so many ways to make beans porridge and other starchy food like rice, yam, cocoyam, potatoes and plantain can be added to make a delicious beans porridge. Plantain Porridge Recipe (Nigerian plantain and vegetable stew). Plantains are a staple in almost every haitian meal. The most common method of cooking plantains is frying them which can be served as an appetizer or side.