Baklava. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. Tahinli Cevizli Kuru Baklava Tarifi – Hazır Yufkayla Rulo Baklava Kurabiyesi.
It is made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios, and sweetened with syrup or honey. Baklava uses phyllo dough stacked with honey and nuts to make a sweet Mediterranean dessert that everyone will love. Make sauce while baklava is baking. You can have Baklava using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baklava
- You need 1/2 pack of Filo pastry thawed. (I had a pack of 375g of filo pastry. I have cut them into the tin size and used).
- Prepare 100 grams of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachio chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of powdered sugar or as per the sweetness needed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar or as per sweetness needed.
Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Its supposed origins are My first time I just made a mess of dried out phyllo and butter and the baklava tasted wonderful regardless. Easy baklava recipe made with layers of honey-soaked New to making baklava from scratch?
Baklava step by step
- First, make the syrup. In a pot, add sugar, water, and honey. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat to low and boil an additional 5 mins. Add lemon juice. Mix well. Remove from heat and let syrup cool while preparing baklava..
- In a plate add the chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachio). Or add the nuts as per your choice. Grind the nuts coarse and remove in a bowl. Add cinnamon powder and powdered sugar. Mix well and keep aside..
- Take the filo pastry sheets and trim it to the size of the pan to be used. I have used a rectangular 8"x6" pan. Cover the pastry sheets with a damp cloth to prevent from drying..
- Grease the pan with the melted butter with the help of a brush. Place a filo pastry sheet in the greased tin. Brush it with melted butter. Place other filo pastry sheet over it and brush it with melted butter. Similarly, place other eight pastry sheets over it. Sprinkle the powdered nut mixture over the buttered sheets generously..
- Place a filo pastry sheet over it and brush it with butter. Place again five more sheets of filo pastry applying butter on it. Again put the powdered nut mixture on the entire surface. Place five more sheet applying butter on them. Again sprinkle the powdered nut mixture on the buttered sheets. Place ten more sheets applying butter in between..
- Cut the pastry into the diamond. Bake the pastry in a preheated oven at 180 C for 1 hour and 15 minutes or the top surface turns golden. Remove from oven and immediately pour cooled syrup evenly with the help of spoon over the hot baklava. This will ensure that it stays crisp rather than soggy. Let baklava cool completely, uncovered and at room temp..
- Remove and serve..
This easy step-by-step tutorial and expert tips will help you make the BEST honey baklava every single time! This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet. It's basically a party in your mouth. I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the BEST baklava recipe I have ever tried. The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make!