Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season the cavity with salt and pepper. Crispy Frico Chicken Breasts With Mushrooms and Thyme "Frico" is a fun way of saying "Parmesan-crusted," an excellent treatment for boneless chicken breasts.
The chicken bakes up golden brown and delicious. Make a little extra—the leftovers make delicious chicken salad! Chicken Breasts: This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts but thinly pounded boneless, skinless chicken thighs will also work. You can cook Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms of your choice.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, cut in thin wedges.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
The chicken breasts are cut in half horizontally to help the chicken cook fast and make thinner fillets. Mushrooms: This recipe will work with just about any type of mushrooms. CHICKEN: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR chicken thighs for this Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe. The idea with this recipe is that shredded parmesan melts, tuns golden and adheres to the chicken, forming a crust.
Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Roasted Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, bread them with the cheese (make sure you pat them to cover as much as possible; however, do not be alarmed if the covering is not perfect: it's part of the dish's charm!).
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry the chicken breasts (4-5 minutes per side) to form the cheese crust. Transfer to a plate and reserve..
- In that same saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion (add a drizzle of oil if necessary), seasoning with oregano and thyme, for 5 minutes or until just tender..
- Place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms in the pan. Sprinkle any leftover cheese on top. Place pan in oven and roast for 12-15 minutes..
- To serve: quickly toss the mushrooms with the red wine vinegar. Place chicken and mushrooms on two plates and enjoy the love in the air!.
It is one of our absolute favorite easy boneless chicken recipes!. This pan seared easy chicken breast mushroom recipe pairs deliciously with caramelized onions and mushrooms in a delicious creamy sauce. In a small bowl, mix together panko and Parmesan. Arrange chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with panko mixture. Oh, and chicken thighs are really the BEST for this recipe because chicken breasts tend to dry out quickly when baked.